Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thoughts for writers...

Observation, conscious attention to detail and delight fuel my writing. I find I only understand what is in my life when I crystallise it in words. Paying attention is critical to my writing, thinking and to living my life well.
Mary Oliver so neatly captures the precious in the ordinary, the sacred nature of the everyday, the joy we should grasp in our short time in the world.  

"Every day
  I see or I hear
    something
      that more or less

kills me with delight,
  that leaves me
    like a needle

in the haystack of light.
   It is what I was born for -"

Mary Oliver Mindful

2 comments:

  1. I love this poem--one of my favorites from Mary Oliver. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Oliver somehow nails the "aha" moments perfectly

    ReplyDelete